Proper skin conditioning and post-treatment can increase the effectiveness and durability of UV-free tanning significantly.
The natural cycle of skin renewal is about 28 days. 25% of the skin peel off in a week, so the result of the UV-free tanning slowly fades. The UV-free tanning process only affects the 25% of the upper skin layer, so it is recommended to remove this layer before each treatment. Dead, dry skin cells can prevent that DHA reach the fresh and healthy skin cells. If the UV-free tanning solution is applied to dry, peeling skin, fading becomes less natural and the result will be less lasting.
- Get rid of dead, dry skin to let the Norvell spray get deep in the skin and produce a brilliantly golden brown color during the oxidation process. We recommend a two-step removal process.
- 24 h before the treatment use Intensive Detoxifying Salt Scrub at first. It goes deep, nourishes and hydrates the skin.
- Then, on the morning of the treatment, use Renewing Sunless Exfoliator to remove the upper layer of the skin. It hydrates the skin and restores the pH of the skin and provides long lasting results.
- Avoid using soap, high pH and moisturizing products for showering! These can hinder the bronchodilating effect of DHA or result the unwanted 'orange effect'. These kind of products should be avoided two days before the treatment. High body temperature or wet, sweaty skin can inhibit the effectiveness of DHA and its results.
- Do not use body lotion, moisturizing cream or perfume during the pre-treatment period. You can use deodorant in small amounts. If you do, remove it carefully before treatment.
Preparing for the day of treatment
- Wear a dark, loose-fitting dress and remove your jewels! The tight dress can rub or blur the bronzer.
- Use the Amber Sun pH-Restoring Spray with DHA enhancer directly before treatment or ask a Tanity expert to help to use it. This slightly hydrates, restores the skin's pH level, and results a browner and more natural color using DHA Enhancement Technology. It helps to reduce the risk of "orange effect".
- Use LipInvest lipstick or Norvell Barrier cream to prevent lips, palms and finger nails get colored.
Post treatment instructions:
- Avoid activities that make you sweat! Sweating can make the new skin color stripy. On warm days, stay in air-conditioned rooms if you can.
- Avoid being wet! Avoid contact with water for at least 4 hours after treatment, otherwise you may stop the tanning process and / or your skin color may become stripy or patchy. Avoid swimming and spa activities! Avoid swimming pools and spa waters that contain chemicals at least 24 hours after treatment.
- During the first 16 h wash yourself with clean water without any cosmetics.
After the treatment use Norvell Moisturizing Shower Gel! Avoid using soap or high-pH products - these can quickly make the skin discolored and fade. Norvell's skin cleansing products have a moisturizing and nourishing effect while maintaining the ideal pH level of the skin.
On the day after treatment use the ProLong Color Preservative Body Lotion. It helps to preserve healthy color and hydrated skin, and provides a refreshing glow. Thanks to the ProLong formula, the skin color gradually and evenly fades. As addition part of your daily ritual try Skin Renewing Body Butter, which moisturizes the skin which dehydratied and damaged by the environment, sunbathing and UV-free sunbathing.
Skin care between two occasions:
For more intense color it’s recommended to use 4-Faces Corrector and ProLong creams to preserve and maintain color between two treatments.